Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has been arrested on what look to be trumped up charges created by angry opponents of his organizations goal of bringing information to the public that governments and corporations are trying to hide.
I am a big supporter of not allowing criminals to hide behind the excuse of privacy. And yes, governments are the worst criminals of all. Wikileaks has published a lot of extremely valuable information:
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai, who receives billions of dollars in US funding, pardons drug dealers and corrupt officials regularly.
- Karzai’s brother is a drug dealer and is extremely corrupt.
- Israel’s general admitted that Israel’s interests often conflict with those of the U.S.
- Top leaders in Afghanistan have stolen tens of millions of dollars in U.S. taxpayer money and squirreled it away in banks in Saudi Arabia with the knowledge of U.S. officials
- The leader of Libya travels with a voluptous blonde Ukranian nurse.
The charges against Julian Assange are almost certainly created by his very very powerful foes: the former supporters of the Bush administration and the current Obama administration. Good luck fighting against the CIA & MI6.